Alice in Wonderland: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
The Chesire Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to
Alice: I don’t much care where.
The Cat: Then it doesn’t much matter which way you go.
many of us don’t pay attention to where we are going. like a ship without a sail we go in whichever direction the wind blows us, often ending up nowhere. on our quest for purpose, success, career, and freedom we stop and ask everybody else for help along the way. but it’s essential that you take the time to first search yourself and ask questions like:
- what do i want to be best in the world @?
- what makes me different and unique?
- what makes me cry when i see it (perhaps it’s a problem you should solve)?
- if i could make a million dollars a year doing anything i want, what would i do?
- what do i find myself doing in my spare time?
- what do we want to the best in the world @?
- what makes us different and unique?
- what are we going to stand for?
- what is the purpose of this organization?
- what capabilities do we have that will enable us to win? which ones are we missing?
the moral of the story is simple:
if you haven’t asked yourself these questions (or other ones like them) then i have the answer to your question about which way you ought to go before you ask me…
“it doesn’t matter which way you go.”